Results 1 - 10 of 5842
Results 1 - 10 of 5842. Search took: 0.026 seconds
|Sort by: date | relevance|
[en] The studied system is located in Punta Espinillo area, in the Northwest of Montevideo department (U), next to the right margin of Santa Lucia River, in the mouth of it, into de la Plata river. The area is surrounded by the safety water of the la Plata river. The area is characterised by an intesive agricultural activity and has a high demand of water for irrigation systems, which one has not been rational plane. Nowadays, there is a great density of wells. The water is extracted from a fractured aquifer system that has exceptional water amounts, but the great exploitaition generaes high drawdwons, even coming to the complete depletion.
[en] This memorandum addresses portions of Section 3.5.2 of SRNL (2016) by recommending horizontal and vertical grid resolution for aquifer transport, in preparation for the next E-Area Performance Assessment (WSRC 2008) revision.
[en] The study observed a complex of figures and graphics that reveal the progressive pollution in the pumping wells. Also, it is made a detailed and current review of the underground physics-chemistry evolution, which results justify the importance of finding a real solution to the degradations problem of the aquifers in Santiago del Estero. for that reason, it is strictly necessary to build a total of eleven wells in the recharges zone, so five of them will be diggings 70 m in the gravel wedge (aquifer II) and six wells of 150 m of depth in the margins of the river Dulce. On the other hand, the studies carried out in the area indicate that all the wells will obtain water directly from the river to a direct recharge, so 81% of its flow will be absorb from the river and the rest, 19 % would be taken from the aquifer. This reason will avoid the progressive advance of the saline wedge and there wont harm the chemical quality of the recharge area. The batteries of the wells will supply 1.500.000 L/hour to the interconnected system on the top most potable conditions. (Author) 14 refs.
[en] The present work was born for an agreement between the Quebec a Montreal University and DINAMIGE(National Direction of geology and Mining)in a first moment financing for CIID (International Center for investigation and development. The main subjects studied is technical methods,monitor, net and control piezo metric to Raigon Aquifer
[en] The Ursuya Mount is one of the main water supplies of the Northern Basque Country. A study is being conducted since 2009 on this aquifer in order to improve the knowledge on its potential and its hydrodynamics properties. Two hydrological cycles are required to get the necessary data to meet the following objectives: clarifying the aquifer potential of the site both quantitatively and qualitatively; determining the geographic and seasonal variations; understanding the origin and the flow pattern of the groundwater; evaluating the groundwater residence times and the areas of preferential recharge. Here, we present only some geochemical and isotopic data. Thus, structural or hydrodynamic approaches will not be discussed.
[en] The MTT (Mean Transit Time) of a catchment without significant surface flow is normally taken to be the sum of mean residence time in the unsaturated zone and mean residence time in the saturated zone. However, the Chalk is a multi-porosity limestone aquifer, with a microporous matrix. This means that the movement of water through the Chalk can occur in complex ways, making the prediction of MTT far from straightforward. Although the Chalk is a regionally-important aquifer, no study of catchment MTT has yet been published. The present study is based on the catchment of the River Lambourn in Berkshire, UK, with an area of 235 km2. Interfluve areas rarely rise above 200 m asl (above sea level), whereas river elevation at the foot of the catchment is ∼50 m asl. Mean annual precipitation is 731 mm. The thickness of the Chalk unsaturated zone reaches a maximum of over 100 m at the water divide at the top of the escarpment on the northern flank of the catchment.